Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Questions from an aspiring filmmaker

  1. #1
    jameyer4121
    Guest jameyer4121's Avatar

    Post

    I almost hate ask to post so many questions for fear of coming off as annoying, but so far everyone seems terribly helpful, so I'll have another go at it.

    First off, my grandfather just passed on his Nizo 3056 to me and I (a guy who has no film experience whatsoever) would like to make a short with it over the next few months.

    So, I've had a lot of questions accumulating that I can't seem to get answered no matter how hard I search.

    1. Does anybody know where I can get a manual for the Nizo 3056? I have had no luck so far.

    2. Does the price of Kodachrome 40, when purchased directly from Kodak (10.57 USD), include processing?

    3. Is it recommended to buy a lighting kit, or can I rely on practicals and the kind of lights you can get at a hardware store?

    4. What is a good shotgun mike that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars? I have no idea what to look for and I really want to make sure I have good sound...

    Well, I don't know if anyone will have the patience to read this, or answer it, but-a big thanks, if you do.

    Jared

    ------------------

  2. #2
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>2. Does the price of Kodachrome 40, when purchased directly from Kodak (10.57 USD), include processing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    no.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>3. Is it recommended to buy a lighting kit?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    no. rely on practicals, work lights and black wrap, and rent if you need more for a particular shot. you can rent plenty of lights for several weeks for the cost of the most basic kit.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>4. What is a good shotgun mike that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    there are none. i think there are a few under 200, but they're only ok. don't remember any names. there's a review on 2-pop.com i believe, and one on dv.com. check them out.

    /matt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •